Reports to: Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Purpose of Position
As Crohn's and Colitis Canada’s Web Developer, your primary responsibilities will involve developing and maintaining the organization’s websites. Working closely with department heads, you will manage online fundraising campaigns and special events, providing an exceptional online user experience and promoting our mission of finding cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the organization’s main websites, crohnsandcolitis.ca and crohnetcolite.ca, as well as multiple event-centered websites which promote our fundraising initiatives;
- Oversee multiple event-specific URLs and back-end payment and receipting functions;
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to troubleshoot and resolve issues;
- Respond quickly and effectively to staff requests for website support and development;
- Adhere to brand guidelines and communications plans to ensure consistency and quality across our online presence;
- Provide staff with information on best web practices, and offer tutorials to help staff manage websites independently;
- Monitor and provide reporting for website analytics, and providing SEO recommendations to boost traffic and increase relevance to target audiences;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing and maintaining websites;
- Thorough knowledge of web production and design, content development, technical development, information architecture, and online marketing;
- Good conceptual and visual skills; ability to mock up web pages and evaluate design and functionality;
- Experience analyzing website analytics and presenting metrics using Google Analytics;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Experience working with multiple CMS platforms (experience with Kentico and Raisin are definitive assets);
- Knowledge of CRM software (experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset);
- Knowledge of e-mail marketing platforms (experience with Constant Contact is an asset);
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, and work with competing deadlines;
- Video production skills would be an asset;
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be an asset.
- Will work out of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s national office located in Toronto;
- Some weekend and evening work may be required to support meetings and events.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive salary and benefits program, as well as a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to email@example.com by January 18, 2018. Please quote "Web Developer" in the subject heading in your email reply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.