Reports to: Vice-President, Marketing and Communications
Type: 1-year contract
Purpose of Position:
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator role exists to support the marketing and communications content creation process to support a number of key fundraising and patient programs. The incumbent in this role will work on a day-to-day basis with the Marketing and Communications team as well as national and regional staff to plan and deliver content, communication tools, and metrics reports.
- Develop communications (in various media) to engage and keep departments and regions informed;
- Develop content and manage updates to the crohnsandcolitis.ca website and create event microsites that support fundraising events;
- Produce collateral and create graphical assets that will be used in program promotions;
- Write, edit and publish content through a variety of platforms and applications;
- Monitor social media and website engagement to grow reach and engagement;
- Provide backup to digital marketing prime on social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn);
- Write and edit communications for internal and external audiences, including social media posts, letters, articles/stories, newsletters, press releases, web content and program/promotional collateral;
- Monitor and collect campaign metrics;
- Liaise with regional staff and create tools and templates to maximize local media and social media activity and stakeholder communications;
Metrics Reporting and Analysis
- Lead compilation of monthly website/social media dashboard to report on key performance indicators;
- Conduct analysis and evaluation of marketing activities to inform future planning and maximize return on investment.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in marketing/communications or equivalent experience;
- 3-5 years relevant work experience with a focus on stakeholder communications;
- Experience producing events on AKA Raisin fundraising system is preferred;
- Experience publishing content on a content management system, Kentico CMS is preferred;
- Exceptional written communication skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team;
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- Solid understanding and comfort level with digital communications including social media;
- Exceptional computer skills: MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint;
- Video editing skills an asset;
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset.
- Some evenings and weekend work required for meetings and events;
- Largely desk-based work at a computer.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive salary and benefits program and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to email@example.com by May 31, 2018. Please quote "Contract MarComm Coordinator" in the subject heading in your email reply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.